Low-Level Laser Treatment (LLLT)
This treatment has been used for various conditions. The cold laser emits photons of energy resulting in photo-stimulation of chromophores- light reactive biological receptors in the body.
Laser Therapy (LLLT) has the ability to significantly accelerate and enhance the body’s natural defense and repair components in the presence of injury, inflammation, and certain disease processes. It modifies the effects and limits the duration of inflammation as well as enhances specific repair and healing processes. LLLT consistently provides pain relief, reduces the injury damage and loss of function. Furthermore, it facilitates rapid repair and regenerates tissue structures and functions.
The clinical studies have noted the following results of LLLT:
Low-Level Laser Light irradiation works to support the natural healing process of the body because it:
- Donates photons and electrons to the injured tissues and weak cells of the body, which supports the production of ATP (energy) that is needed by cells to carry out their duties.
- Reduces pain by causing the production of natural pain killer endorphins.
- Reduces inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, pain, and heat and enhance the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- Enhances the process of nerve regeneration and muscle relaxation.
- Enhances lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation, reduces edema and speeds healing.
- Stimulate the release of helpful healing enzymes.
- Releases tight muscles (both smooth and striated) that create chronic pain, joint problems, and decreased mobility.
- Speeds bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation.
- Antibacterial, antiviral including herpes virus infection, antifungal, when applied in the correct frequency.
- Increased Cellular regeneration
- Increased collagen production
- Increased vasodilation, improves microcirculation
- Increased cell metabolism
- Increased cell membrane potential
- Increased microcirculation
- Increased tissue repair
The use of Laser light in, correct frequencies in experimental studies has shown changes in membrane permeability, increase in ATP levels, and increase in DNA production. The photon energy stabilizes the cell membrane, increases the activity of the ATP dependent Na/K pump. Thus increase in the activity of Na/K movement across the membrane changes the gradient and improves the flow of ions and hence the overall metabolism of the cell.
Low-Level Lasers are Safe and Effective:
It is the future of medicine. It is being used as a successful treatment option for countless conditions worldwide. Low-Level Lasers have been used for over 50 years in many countries as therapeutic energy to bring about favorable biological effects in people and animals. It not only treats symptoms like drugs but also promotes and enhances healing in patients with chronic Lyme Disease. This modality is rapidly growing in popularity for the treatment of Lyme.
Laser light therapy is being used by NASA for treating medical conditions in space and also endorsed for Olympic athletes to enhance healing of their injuries. In the last few years, Laser Therapy has been steadily and exponentially increasing in North America as the FDA has cleared multiple laser devices for treatment of a variety of medical conditions including autoimmune diseases, cervical neck pain, low back pain, Knee Pain-joint pain, Fibromyalgia, RSD, Trigeminal neuralgia, Occipital neuralgia, peripheral neuropathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, Epicondylitis, Dementia, early neurodegenerative diseases, acceleration of wound healing and many more conditions.
Some of these conditions are common in patients suffering from Chronic Lyme disease. Many experiments in Dentistry have shown that LLLT is very effective in the eradication of Biofilm in many periodontal conditions. The persistence of Lyme spirochetes has been a serious problem in the treatment of Chronic Lyme Borreliosis as a biofilm and the cystic forms are resistant to drug therapy. Thus preventing successful outcomes and sick patients remain sick and get sicker with common therapies.
There are over 30 trillion cells in a human body and they communicate by electricity generated by their mitochondria. The electron transfer occurs for network communication. Laser light photon delivers electrons directly to the cells and enhances both their ability to produce ATP (energy), which they require for optimal function and regeneration. Furthermore, LLLT has a direct effect on the biofilm and tissue, it destroys biofilm, then repair and healing follow.
When Used Correctly LLLT is Very Safe
The safety glasses must be used by the operator and patient to avoid accidental pointing of the laser in the eye. Low-Level Laser Therapy has been proven completely safe and effective for many conditions including Chronic Lyme Borreliosis. Keep in mind that Lyme disease is not an ordinary disease, nor should it be treated like one with medication or other alternative approaches alone.
Photobiomodulation-Hamblin –publisher- Elsevier.